2023 Monrovia Chalkfest Entry Form
This event is presented by Monrovia Association of Fine Arts (MAFA) as part of the 61st Annual Art in the Park Show and Chalkfest.
- Canvas Pickup: starting August 28
- Artist Application Deadline: September 9
- Acceptance Notification Date: September 16
- Chalkfest Date: October 7
Theme: “Our Planet is Our Future”
Event Location: Monrovia Library Park, 321 S. Myrtle Ave., Monrovia
Please read all of the information, then fill out the questions below
1. Lead artists must be 18 years and older.
2. Fill out and submit your application. Required: Email a photo or PDF of your sketch of your Chalkfest mural to firstname.lastname@example.org (Make sure to include your name on your sketch). Theme: “Our Planet is Our Future.”
3. Donate a 1' x 1' canvas finished with your art for the Silent Auction at the event. Proceeds from the silent auction support art education programs for public school students. Canvases will be available for pickup at Century 21 Adams & Barnes, 433 W. Foothill Blvd, Monrovia after August 28. If you would like to start sooner, you may provide your own canvas and MAFA will exchange it for a blank one at the Chalkfest. All canvases are 1' x 1' pre-stretched and can be found at arts and crafts stores near you. You will turn it in on the morning of the Chalkfest, October 7, when you check in. We provide free chalk to all the artists on that day, along with free water and snacks.
4. You will receive information back from us within one week after we receive your completed entry form and sketch. This may include your acceptance into the festival, key dates, canvas pick up and other details. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
5. Prizes: When thinking of your mural, you may keep the Chalkfest prizes in mind:
• 2023 Best of Show (as voted by artists). Grand Prizes: 1st, 2nd & 3rd place
• 2023 People's Choice Award (as voted by the public)
Rules & Permissions
Age of Artists: Chalk artists must be 18 years of age or older.
Materials: Water soluble chalk, pastels and tempera paint may be used. No oil-based products are allowed and their use will disqualify the artist from the competition.
Family-Friendly Themes: I understand that all images must be family-friendly and suitable for public viewing.
Chalking Times: I understand that I may begin my chalk mural as early as 8 a.m. Saturday, October 7, and must finish by 3 p.m. the same day.
Finished Canvas Donation: By submitting my entry form, I understand I will donate a finished 1' x 1' canvas (provided by MAFA or which I purchase on my own) for fundraising at the Silent Auction at the Art in the Park event.
Media Permissions: I, the undersigned artist, grant a non-exclusive license to Monrovia Association of Fine Arts to re-use, publish, and re-publish photography of myself in any medium. I further grant Monrovia Association of Fine Arts the use of my name, biographical description, and likeness in any media.
Submission of Mural Sketch Required for Participation: As an artist applying to participate in the 2023 Monrovia Chalkfest, I understand I must supply a sketch of the mural I plan to create following the event theme, “Our Planet is Our Future.” Email an image of your sketch to firstname.lastname@example.org. We need your sketch before your entry form will be considered. You will hear back from us within a week after we receive your entry form and sketch.